Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh the joys of night shift...

Don't get me wrong, I love being a nurse, but sometimes I really don't love the hours that come with it. Being married makes it even worse. I have only seen Chance for a half hour in the past 48 hours, and wont see him again till before the BYU game tommorrow (Go Cougars!). Our schedules are the exact opposite so when I get home he's already left for work and when I go to work he's on his way home. But for those of you who are wondering how my first night went, it went well. Alot of cute babies and the mothers were great too! I gave my first shot to a newborn, the Hepatitis B vaccine. I had my hand ready to poke but it took a second or two of convincing myself before I could follow through. It made me sad to know that I had just made the poor baby cry. :( Everything other than that was good and I think I'm going to enjoy my work. The people were really and welcoming too.
Chance, even if you don't read this, I miss you when you are away. You are the best part of me and I love you so much. Thanks for the wonderful nine months. Its been a bumpy ride at times, but its been so worth it. Love you babe.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you like your job poking babies and making them cry! He he... It's hard being on different schedules. You'll make it through. -VAL

    ReplyDelete