Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Getting crafty!

Thanks to being inspired by Pintrest, I really want to do at least one thing crafty and useful every month! Pintrest has such good ideas and seem to make it easy for craft dummies like me....
I found these cute snowflakes made out of popsicles sticks. It was so super easy and it cost me 2 dollars.  My mother-in-law had a bunch of popsicle sticks and I just bought the spray paint. They turned out awesome!  And you really can't tell they are popsicle sticks!


And Chance's family had a big craft night when we celebrated Thanksgiving and I made this cute wreath.  Chance's mom was so thoughtful and knew I might like to make a BYU one so she bought all of the supplies.  It turned out so cute and it was easy to make as well!
And for Christmas we are making Emma a little kitchen set out of a night stand I bought for 10 dollars on KSL! It started out looking like this...
We took off the top part so it would be just her size.  We sanded it and painted it pink. We found all the assessories we will need for the oven knobs, sink, etc. at Home Depot and everything costed about thirty dollars. It is still in the making so no final pic yet,  you can take a look on my Pintrest board, and while it will be a different color, etc, hopefully it will turn out just as cute!!
Next month I am hoping to make something to hold all my jewlery so it wont get so tangled all of the time!  So many ideas and so little time!

2 comments:

  1. the wreath looks really blue in the picture. maybe i saw it in funny light. looks really really good. you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the snowflakes and wreath are super cute! I can't wait to see how the little kitchen turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete