Thursday, January 5, 2012

Future Rock Climber

So the picture was just taken for fun, Emma was trying on my socks....funny girl.  But I seriously think Emma is going to be a rock climber when she grows up....
A little while ago I laid her down for a nap, she slept and then an hour or so later I heard her playing with her toys...yes she has officially at 18 months learned to climb out of her crib.  Before that she had been climbing out of her pack and play when she was at other people's houses.  Then to make matters worse, I tried to lay her down for a nap about a week ago, and then as I was trying to take down Christmas decorations, a couple of minutes later she was in my living room.  I thought that I maybe didn't shut the door or something, but I tried again and made sure I shut the door, within a minute she was in my living room again! The little stinker can now open doors! I am in big trouble!
Needless to say she tries to climb everything...if she hasn't climbed it before she will try to conquer new heights, literally.  And she is quick too.  On Tues. I checked on her and she was in her room, then not too long after that I needed to go somewhere so I went to go find her and she was in her bathroom on the counter.  Her toothbrush and toothpaste are in the drawer closest to the door, and she pulled out the drawer to get her toothbrush (she loves playing with her toothbrush).  So needless to say I go to open the door and I can't because the drawer is open and it will only open a crack.  I tried to explain to her to get down and close the drawer but she just sat there and laughed at me.  I think she knew she had locked me out and was rather enjoying it.  Then as I was trying with a hanger to get the drawer shut, she decided that the hand soap was shampoo and "washed' her hair over and over again.  I guess at least she wants to be clean right?  Finally between me and Chance we got the door open at last.  Now a child lock in on the door handle to the bathroom.  :) I didn't think I would have problems like these so early, I don't know what I am going to do with that child. I guess I will just have to love her. :)

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud. Don't you love this age?? That little Emma is such a cute girl, she makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete